About the role
As a Data Engineer you will contribute to the growth of Scalene by supporting successful delivery of client work as a key member of project delivery teams and by helping to develop and implement internal strategic initiatives. Your responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product and Data Science teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Help identify opportunities with potential to drive value both for our clients and Scalene going forward
- Propose, develop and lead streams of work to support Scalene’s internal development agenda
Who we are looking for
Scalene is seeking a candidate with the following skills and experience to join our Melbourne team on a full time, permanent basis:
- 3-5 years experience in a data analyst / reporting analyst or data engineer role
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience in cloud based ETL solutions like Azure Data Factory, Databricks
- Have practical and output oriented mindset
- Flexible and adaptable approach applied to all activities
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- How many years' experience do you have using SQL queries?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the software development lifecycle?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of business intelligence (BI) best practices?